Dr Alan Lee
- Developing new approaches for intelligent photonic packet routers, all-optical label switching and clock recovery, and passive optical network. (Fiber laser, semiconductor laser, optical label switching, passive optical network)
Dr Alan (Ka Lun) Lee is a Senior Research Fellow in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Dr Lee is a researcher with the Centre for Energy-Efficient Telecommunications (CEET).
- Lim C, Tian Y, Ranaweera C, Nirmalathas A, Wong E, Lee K. Evolution of Radio-Over-Fiber Technology. JOURNAL OF LIGHTWAVE TECHNOLOGY. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2019, Vol. 37, Issue 6. DOI: 10.1109/JLT.2018.2876722
- Gouhier B, Lee K, Nirmalathas A, Lim C, Skafidas E. Optical comb-based, wide bandwidth hybrid electro-optic probing system. Proceedings 2015 European Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics - European Quantum Electronics Conference, CLEO/Europe-EQEC 2015. 2019, Vol. Part F4-CLEO 2015.
- Tian Y, Lee K, Lim C, Nirmalathas A. Demonstration of Non-Orthogonal Multiple Access Scheme using Multilevel Coding without Successive Interference Cancellation with 60 GHz Radio-over-Fiber Fronthaul. 2018 OPTICAL FIBER COMMUNICATIONS CONFERENCE AND EXPOSITION (OFC). IEEE. 2018, Vol. Part F84-OFC 2018. DOI: 10.1364/OFC.2018.TU3J.4
- Tian Y, Lee K, Lim C, Nirmalathas A. Demonstration of non-orthogonal multiple access scheme using multilevel coding without successive interference cancellation with 60 GHz radio-over-fiber fronthaul. 2018 Optical Fiber Communications Conference and Exposition, OFC 2018 - Proceedings. 2018.
- Lim C, Tian Y, Ranaweera C, Nirmalathas A, Wong E, Lee K. Evolution of Radio-Over-Fiber Technologies: Past and Present. European Conference on Optical Communication, ECOC. 2018, Vol. 2018-September. DOI: 10.1109/ECOC.2018.8535106
- Tian Y, Lim C, Nirmalathas A, Lee K. Multi-cell coordination for 60 GHz RoF fronthaul enabled by a non-orthogonal multiple access scheme without successive interference cancellation. OPTICS LETTERS. Optical Society of America. 2018, Vol. 43, Issue 17. DOI: 10.1364/OL.43.004236
- Tian Y, Lee K, Lim C, Nirmalathas A. 60 GHz Analog Radio-Over-Fiber Fronthaul Investigations. JOURNAL OF LIGHTWAVE TECHNOLOGY. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 35, Issue 19. DOI: 10.1109/JLT.2017.2740436
- Tian Y, Song S, Powell K, Lee K, Lim C, Nirmalathas A, Yi X. A 60-GHz Radio-Over-Fiber Fronthaul Using Integrated Microwave Photonics Filters. IEEE PHOTONICS TECHNOLOGY LETTERS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 19. DOI: 10.1109/LPT.2017.2742526
- Tian Y, Lee K, Lim C, Nirmalathas A. Performance Evaluation of CoMP for Downlink 60-GHz Radio-over-Fiber Fronthaul. 2017 INTERNATIONAL TOPICAL MEETING ON MICROWAVE PHOTONICS (MWP). IEEE. 2017.
- Lim C, Nirmalathas A, Lee K, Ranaweera C, Wong E, Tian Y. Radio-over-Fiber Technology: Past and Present. 2017 ASIA COMMUNICATIONS AND PHOTONICS CONFERENCE (ACP). IEEE. 2017, Vol. 2017-August. DOI: 10.1364/ACPC.2017.S3E.1
- Lim C, Tian Y, Lee K, Nirmalathas A. Transport Schemes for Fiber-Based Fronthaul for Transporting 60 GHz Wireless Signals. 19th International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks (ICTON). IEEE. 2017. DOI: 10.1109/ICTON.2017.8025004
- Tian Y, Lee K, Lint C, Nirmalathas A. Experimental Comparison of DSB-SC & OSSB based 60 GHz Radio-over-Fiber Fronthaul Links. 2016 IEEE INTERNATIONAL TOPICAL MEETING ON MICROWAVE PHOTONICS (MWP). IEEE. 2016.
- Lim C, Lee K, Nirmalathas A. Review of physical layer networking for optical-wireless integration. OPTICAL ENGINEERING. International Society for Optical Engineering. 2016, Vol. 55, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1117/1.OE.55.3.031113
- Lambert S, Ananth P, Vetter P, Lee K, Li J, Yin X, Chow H, Gelas J-P, Lefevre L, Chiaroni D, Lannoo B, Pickavet M. Road to Energy-Efficient Optical Access: GreenTouch Final Results. Journal of Optical Communications and Networking. OSA - Optical Society of America. 2016, Vol. 8, Issue 11. DOI: 10.1364/JOCN.8.000878
- Li J, Lee K, Chow HK. A "Power-on-demand" Optical Transceiver Design for Green Access and In-home Network Applications. 41st European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC). IEEE. 2015, Vol. 2015-November. DOI: 10.1109/ECOC.2015.7341884
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile