Dr Andreas Procopiou
- Distribution Networks
- Network Integration of Battery Storage
- Network Integration of Renewables
- Smart Grids
Andreas Procopiou received his BEng degree from Brunel University London, in 2011 and the MSc and PhD degree from the University of Manchester, in 2012 and 2017, respectively. Prior to his current role he worked as a visiting research engineer at the Department of Measurements and Information Systems of Electrical Networks (MIRE) at Electricity of France (EDF) R&D in Paris (the largest R&D centre in Europe) where he developed and investigated active network management techniques to solve voltage and thermal issues in real French and UK low voltage distribution networks. He is an expert in network integration and control of distributed energy resources and future low-carbon distribution networks. He had provided technical support and consultation for leading companies and research institutes such as EDF R&D (France), AusNet Services (Australia) and Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), USA. He is the author of 25+ academic (peer-reviewed conference and journal papers in top-class international IEEE conferences and IEEE Transactions) and industry related publications and the co-inventor of a recently filed patent with the University of Melbourne for a novel battery energy storage controller. He had made successful international collaborations with academics across the world (i.e., University of Costa Rica, Sao Paulo, Melbourne and Manchester) and companies within the UK (ENWL), France (EDF), Australia (AusNet Services) and USA (EPRI).
- Procopiou A, Petrou K, Ochoa L, Langstaff T, Theunissen J. Adaptive Decentralized Control of Residential Storage in PV-Rich MV-LV Networks. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER SYSTEMS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2019, Vol. 34, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1109/TPWRS.2018.2889843
- Franco JF, Procopiou A, QuirÓs-TortÓs J, Ochoa L. Advanced control of OLTC-enabled LV networks with PV systems and EVs. IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution. Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET). 2019, Vol. 13, Issue 14. DOI: 10.1049/iet-gtd.2019.0208
- Procopiou A, Petrou K, Ochoa L. A Controller for a Photovoltaic Generation and Energy Storage System. (Patent no. )
- Procopiou A, Ochoa LF. Deliverable 1 Literature review and initial modelling. Solar PV Penetration and HV-LV Network Impacts. 2018. Editors: Ausnet Services.
- Procopiou A, Ochoa L. Deliverable 2 Progress Report on the analysis of network impacts due to solar PV. Solar PV Penetration and HV-LV Network Impacts. 2018. Editors: Ausnet Services.
- Procopiou A, Ochoa L. Deliverable 3 Analysis of Network Impacts due to Solar PV. Solar PV Penetration and HV-LV Network Impacts. 2018. Editors: Ausnet Services.
- Petrou K, Ochoa L, Procopiou A, Theunissen J, Bridge J, Langstaff T, Lintern K. Limitations of Residential Storage in PV-Rich Distribution Networks: An Australian Case Study. 2018 IEEE POWER & ENERGY SOCIETY GENERAL MEETING (PESGM). IEEE. 2018, Vol. 2018-August. DOI: 10.1109/PESGM.2018.8585998
- Gutierrez-Lagos L, Procopiou A, Ochoa L. Unlocking CVR Benefits Using Active Voltage Control in LV Networks. 2018 POWER SYSTEMS COMPUTATION CONFERENCE (PSCC). IEEE. 2018. DOI: 10.23919/PSCC.2018.8442834
- Procopiou A, Quiros-Tortos J, Ochoa L. HPC-Based Probabilistic Analysis of LV Networks With EVs: Impacts and Control. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON SMART GRID. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2017, Vol. 8, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1109/TSG.2016.2604245
- Procopiou A, Ochoa L. Voltage Control in PV-Rich LV Networks Without Remote Monitoring. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER SYSTEMS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 32, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1109/TPWRS.2016.2591063
- Procopiou A, Long C, Ochoa L. On the Effects of Monitoring and Control Settings on Voltage Control in PV-Rich LV Networks. 2015 IEEE POWER & ENERGY SOCIETY GENERAL MEETING. IEEE. 2015, Vol. 2015-September. DOI: 10.1109/PESGM.2015.7285791
- Long C, Procopiou A, Ochoa L, Bryson G, Randles D. Performance of OLTC-Based Control Strategies for LV Networks with Photovoltaics. 2015 IEEE POWER & ENERGY SOCIETY GENERAL MEETING. IEEE. 2015, Vol. 2015-September. DOI: 10.1109/PESGM.2015.7285618
- Procopiou A, Long C, Ochoa L. Voltage control in LV networks: An initial investigation. 2014 IEEE PES INNOVATIVE SMART GRID TECHNOLOGIES CONFERENCE EUROPE (ISGT EUROPE). IEEE. 2014, Vol. 2015-January, Issue January. DOI: 10.1109/ISGTEurope.2014.7028971