Dr Aravinda Sridhara Rao
- Computer Vision
- Internet of Things
- Machine Learning
Dr Aravinda Sridhara Rao is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow since 2016, in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering. He received his PhD degree (in Computer Vision) from the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, The University of Melbourne, in 2016.
His PhD focused on developing automated crowd behaviour analysis framework for crowded scenarios from networked cameras using unsupervised and semi-supervised learning for providing real-time video surveillance and analytics. The framework was developed considering several cameras across the cities deployed for public safety and surveillance. His work is applicable to wide-ranging crowd monitoring and video surveillance applications, including crowd density estimation, people counting, people tracking, detecting suspicious individuals and overall crowd behaviour.
His current work focuses on (1) Detecting Anomalies in Videos, (2) Detecting Patterns in Neuroimages, (3) Modelling Healthcare Data Using AI, (4) IoT Sensors in Building Energy Management and other.
His research interests include Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Internet of Things (IoT).
For more information on research activities, visit his homepage.
- Yang M, Rashidi L, Sridhara Rao A, Rajasegarar S, Ganji M, Palaniswami M, Leckie C. Cluster-based Crowd Movement Behavior Detection. 2018 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DIGITAL IMAGE COMPUTING: TECHNIQUES AND APPLICATIONS (DICTA). IEEE. 2018. Editors: Murshed M, Paul M, Asikuzzaman M, Pickering M, Natu A, Robleskelly A, You S, Zheng L, Rahman A. DOI: 10.1109/DICTA.2018.8615809
- Yang M, Rashidi L, Rajasegarar S, Leckie C, Sridhara Rao A, Palaniswami M. Crowd Activity Change Point Detection in Videos via Graph Stream Mining. IEEE/CVF Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR). IEEE. 2018, Vol. 2018-June. DOI: 10.1109/CVPRW.2018.00059
- Rathore P, Sridhara Rao A, Rajasegarar S, Vanz E, Gubbi Lakshminarasimha J, Palaniswami M. Real-Time Urban Microclimate Analysis Using Internet of Things. IEEE INTERNET OF THINGS JOURNAL. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2018, Vol. 5, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1109/JIOT.2017.2731875
- Desai N, Sridhara Rao A, Palaniswami P, Thyagarajan D, Palaniswami M. Arytenoid Cartilage Feature Point Detection Using Laryngeal 3D CT Images in Parkinson's Disease. 2017 39TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF THE IEEE ENGINEERING IN MEDICINE AND BIOLOGY SOCIETY (EMBC). IEEE. 2017. DOI: 10.1109/EMBC.2017.8037199
- Palaniswami M, Sridhara Rao A, Bainbridge S. Real-time Monitoring of the Great Barrier Reef Using Internet of Things with Big Data Analytics. ITU Journal: ICT Discoveries. 2017, Issue 1.
- Sridhara Rao A, Gubbi Lakshminarasimha J, Palaniswami M, Wong E. A vision-based system to detect potholes and uneven surfaces for assisting blind people. 2016 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMMUNICATIONS (ICC). 2016. DOI: 10.1109/ICC.2016.7510832
- Sridhara Rao A, Gubbi Lakshminarasimha J, Palaniswami M. An Improved Approach to Crowd Event Detection by Reducing Data Dimensions. 2nd International Symposium on Signal Processing and Intelligent Recognition Systems (SIRS). Springer. 2016, Vol. 425. Editors: Thampi SM, Bandyopadhyay S, Krishnan S, Li KC, Mosin S, Ma M. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-28658-7_8
- Yang M, Rajasegarar S, Sridhara Rao A, Leckie C, Palaniswami M. Anomalous Behavior Detection in Crowded Scenes Using Clustering and Spatio-Temporal Features. 9th IFIP TC 12 International Conference on Intelligent Information Processing (IIP). Springer. 2016, Vol. 486. Editors: Shi Z, Vadera S, Li G. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-48390-0_14
- Sridhara Rao A, Gubbi Lakshminarasimha J, Palaniswami M. Anomalous Crowd Event Analysis Using Isometric Mapping. 2nd International Symposium on Signal Processing and Intelligent Recognition Systems (SIRS). Springer. 2016, Vol. 425. Editors: Thampi SM, Bandyopadhyay S, Krishnan S, Li KC, Mosin S, Ma M. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-28658-7_35
- Gubbi Lakshminarasimha J, Kusmakar S, Sridhara Rao A, Yan B, O'Brien T, Palaniswami M. Automatic Detection and Classification of Convulsive Psychogenic Nonepileptic Seizures Using a Wearable Device. IEEE JOURNAL OF BIOMEDICAL AND HEALTH INFORMATICS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2016, Vol. 20, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1109/JBHI.2015.2446539
- Sridhara Rao A, Gubbi Lakshminarasimha J, Marusic S, Palaniswami M. Crowd Event Detection on Optical Flow Manifolds. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CYBERNETICS. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2016, Vol. 46, Issue 7. DOI: 10.1109/TCYB.2015.2451136
- Sridhara Rao A, Gubbi Lakshminarasimha J, Ngo T, Mendis P, Palaniswami M. Internet of Things for Structural Health Monitoring. Structural Health Monitoring Technologies and Next-Generation Smart Composite Structures. CRC Press. 2016. Editors: Epaarachchi A, Chanaka Kahandawa G. DOI: 10.4324/9781315373492
- Sridhara Rao A, Gubbi Lakshminarasimha J, Palaniswami M, Wong E. Non-Protruding Hazard Detection for the Aged Vision-Impaired. 2016 IEEE CONFERENCE ON COMPUTER COMMUNICATIONS WORKSHOPS (INFOCOM WKSHPS). IEEE. 2016, Vol. 2016-September. DOI: 10.1109/INFCOMW.2016.7562261
- Kusmakar S, Gubbi Lakshminarasimha J, Sridhara Rao A, Yan B, O'Brien T, Palaniswami M. Classification of Convulsive Psychogenic Non-epileptic Seizures Using Histogram of Oriented Motion of Accelerometry Signals. 2015 37TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF THE IEEE ENGINEERING IN MEDICINE AND BIOLOGY SOCIETY (EMBC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2015, Vol. 2015-November. DOI: 10.1109/EMBC.2015.7318430
- Sridhara Rao A, Gubbi Lakshminarasimha J, Rajasegarar S, Marusic S, Palaniswami M. Detection of anomalous crowd behaviour using hyperspherical clustering. 2014 International Conference on Digital Image Computing: Techniques and Applications, DICTA 2014. 2015. DOI: 10.1109/DICTA.2014.7008100
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile