Professor Michael Cantoni
- Automation of water distribution networks
- Control and signal processing
Michael Cantoni is a Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Head of the Control and Signal Processing Group. He received the Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical - Hons. 1) and Bachelor of Science (Applied Mathematics) degrees from The University of Western Australia in 1995, and the PhD degree in Engineering from The University of Cambridge in 1998. Before joining The University of Melbourne in 2000, he held post-doctoral research positions with Department of Engineering at The University of Cambridge, and St. John's College, Cambridge. He has served as associate editor for IET Control Theory and Applications (2007–2010), Systems & Control Letters (2007–2014), and IFAC Automatica (2015-2018). In 2014, he was co-recipient of the IEEE CSS Control Systems Technology Award for work with industry partner Rubicon Water on the automation of rural water distribution networks. His research interests include robust and optimal control theory, distributed control and optimization of networks, time-varying and sampled-data systems, model approximation, multidimensional systems, and applications in water and power distribution.
- Cantoni M, Fabbro M, Kao C. On a time-varying delay model for asynchronous sample-and-hold. 2019 12th Asian Control Conference, ASCC 2019. 2019.
- Cantoni M, Fabbro M, Kao CY. Stability of Aperiodic Sampled-Data Feedback for Systems with Inputs that Update Asynchronously∗ Supported in part by the Australian Research Council (DP130104510) and National Science Council of Taiwan (MOST 105-2221-E-110-039-MY2, MOST 106-2221-E-110-007-MY2).. 2018 IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2019, Vol. 2018-December. DOI: 10.1109/CDC.2018.8618706
- Fabbro M, Shames I, Cantoni M. Analysis of Model and Iteration Dependencies in Distributed Feasible-Point Algorithms for Optimal Control Computation. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CONTROL OF NETWORK SYSTEMS. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018, Vol. 5, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1109/TCNS.2016.2590138
- Akram M, Cantoni M. GAP METRICS FOR LINEAR TIME-VARYING SYSTEMS. SIAM JOURNAL ON CONTROL AND OPTIMIZATION. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics. 2018, Vol. 56, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1137/16M1092775
- Guo M, Lang A, Cantoni M. Moving Horizon Estimation for Linear Cascade Systems. 15th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV). IEEE. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/ICARCV.2018.8581272
- Farokhi F, Shames I, Cantoni M. Optimal contract design for effort-averse sensors. International Journal of Control. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2018. DOI: 10.1080/00207179.2018.1486041
- Cantoni M, Zafar A, Farokhi F. Scalable iterations for solving constrained LQ control problems with cascade dynamics. 23rd International Symposium on Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems. 2018.
- Fabbro M, Cantoni M. Scalable stability analysis for homogeneous networks of dynamical systems interacting via aperiodic sampled-data channels. Proceedings of the American Control Conference. American Automatic Control Council. 2018, Vol. 2018-June. DOI: 10.23919/ACC.2018.8430872
- Cantoni M, Fabbro M, Kao C-Y. Stability of aperiodic sampled-data feedback for systems with inputs that update asynchronously. 2018 IEEE CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018.
- Cantoni M, Fabbro M, Kao C-Y. Stability of constant gain output feedback for two-input systems with asynchronous sample and update timing. 23rd International Symposium on Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems. 2018.
- Lang A, Shames I, Cantoni M. Structure in total least squares parameter estimation for electrical networks. 7th IFAC Workshop on Distributed Estimation and Control in Networked Systems (NECSYS). Elsevier. 2018, Vol. 51, Issue 23. Editors: Camlibel K, Shim H. DOI: 10.1016/j.ifacol.2018.12.072
- Nasir H, Cantoni M, Weyer E. An efficient implementation of Stochastic MPC for open channel water-level planning. 2017 IEEE 56TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2017.
- Strecker T, Cantoni M, Aamo OM. Control system design for concrete irrigation channels. 11th Asian Control Conference (ASCC). IEEE. 2017.
- Cantoni M, Pfifer H. Gap metric computation for time-varying linear systems on finite horizons. 20th IFAC World Congress. IFAC - International Federation of Automatic Control. 2017, Vol. 50, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1016/j.ifacol.2017.08.2073
- Fabbro M, Kao CY, Cantoni M. Robust Performance of Feedback Loops with Quantization and Aperiodic Sampling. 20th IFAC World Congress (IFAC). IFAC - International Federation of Automatic Control. 2017, Vol. 50, Issue 1. Editors: Dochain D, Henrion D, Peaucelle D. DOI: 10.1016/j.ifacol.2017.08.085
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile