Dr Chien Chan
Dr Chien Aun Chan is a Research Fellow in the Centre for Energy-Efficient Telecommunications (CEET) in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
- Energy efficiency in telecom networks - Content distribution networks - Optical communications systems and optical networks - Network design and modelling
- Yan M, Chan C, Li W, Lei L, Shuai Q, Gygax A, Chih-Lin I. Assessing the energy consumption of 5G wireless edge caching. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops, ICC Workshops 2019 - Proceedings. 2019. DOI: 10.1109/ICCW.2019.8756642
- Chan C, Yan M, Gygax A, Li W, Li L, Chih-Lin I, Yan J, Leckie C. Big data driven predictive caching at the wireless edge. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops, ICC Workshops 2019 - Proceedings. 2019. DOI: 10.1109/ICCW.2019.8756663
- Thananjeyan S, Chan C, Wong E, Nirmalathas A. Deployment and Resource Distribution of Mobile Edge Hosts Based on Correlated User Mobility. IEEE ACCESS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2019, Vol. 7. DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2885119
- Yan M, Chan C, Gygax A, Yan J, Campbell L, Nirmalathas A, Leckie C. Modeling the Total Energy Consumption of Mobile Network Services and Applications. ENERGIES. MDPIAG. 2019, Vol. 12, Issue 1. DOI: 10.3390/en12010184
- Chan C, Gygax A, Leckie C, Wong E, Nirmalathas A. Managing the Use-phase and Embodied Energy Consumption to Achieve Sustainable Network Growth. 2016 ASIA COMMUNICATIONS AND PHOTONICS CONFERENCE (ACP). IEEE. 2016, Vol. Part F34-ACPC 2016. DOI: 10.1364/ACPC.2016.AS3D.1
- Yan M, Chan C, Li W, I C-L, Bian S, Gygax A, Leckie C, Hinton K, Wong E, Nirmalathas A. Network Energy Consumption Assessment of Conventional Mobile Services and Over-the-Top Instant Messaging Applications. IEEE JOURNAL ON SELECTED AREAS IN COMMUNICATIONS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2016, Vol. 34, Issue 12. DOI: 10.1109/JSAC.2016.2611978
- Chan C, Gygax A, Leckie C, Wong E, Nirmalathas A, Hinton K. Telecommunications energy and greenhouse gas emissions management for future network growth. APPLIED ENERGY. Elsevier. 2016, Vol. 166. DOI: 10.1016/j.apenergy.2016.01.007
- Chan C, Li W, Bian S, Chih-Lin I, Gygax A, Leckie C, Yan M, Hinton K. Assessing Network Energy Consumption of Mobile Applications. IEEE COMMUNICATIONS MAGAZINE. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2015, Vol. 53, Issue 11.
- Lee K, Li J, Chan C, Anthapadmanabhan NP, Chow HK. Energy-efficient technologies for point-to-point fiber access. OPTICAL FIBER TECHNOLOGY. Academic Press. 2015, Vol. 26. DOI: 10.1016/j.yofte.2015.08.003
- Li J, Lee K, Chan C, Anthapadmanabhan NP, Dinh N, Vetter P. Dynamic Power Management at the Access Node and Customer Premises in Point-to-Point and Time-Division Optical Access. IEEE JOURNAL ON SELECTED AREAS IN COMMUNICATIONS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2014, Vol. 32, Issue 8. DOI: 10.1109/JSAC.2014.2335333
- Li J, Anthapadmanabhan NP, Chan C, Lee K, Dinh N, Vetter P. Sleep Mode Mechanism with Improved Upstream Performance for Passive Optical Networks. 2014 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMMUNICATIONS (ICC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2014. Editors: Jamalipour A, Deng DJ. DOI: 10.1109/ICC.2014.6883925
- Li J, Lee K, Dinh N, Chan C, Vetter P. A comparison of sleep mode mechanisms for PtP and TDM-PONs. 2013 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC). 2013. DOI: 10.1109/ICCW.2013.6649293
- Chan C, Wong E, Gygax A, Leckie C, Nirmalathas A, Hinton K. Energy audit models for telecommunications networks and services. Asia Communications and Photonics Conference, ACP. 2013.
- Chan C, Gygax A, Wong E, Leckie C, Nirmalathas A, Kilper D. Methodologies for Assessing the Use-Phase Power Consumption and Greenhouse Gas Emissions of Telecommunications Network Services. ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY. American Chemical Society. 2013, Vol. 47, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1021/es303384y
- Chan C, Jia W, Liu Z. Advanced Modulation Format Generation using High-Speed Directly Modulated Lasers for Optical Metro/Access Systems. 2011 ASIA COMMUNICATIONS AND PHOTONICS CONFERENCE AND EXHIBITION (ACP). IEEE. 2012. DOI: 10.1117/12.900452
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile