Dr Chien Chan
Chien Aun Chan, received the Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from The University of Melbourne (UoM), VIC, Australia, in 2010. In 2011, he joined the Centre for Energy-Efficient Telecommunications, UoM, where he led a project in developing new modelling and energy-efficient techniques for cloud computing applications and mobile services. Since 2017, he has been a Research Fellow with the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, UoM, where he is leading research projects in developing future wireless systems, smart wearable systems, big data network analytics, and mobile edge computing systems. His research interests include mobile wireless networks, energy efficiency of distributed computing, Internet of Things, big data network analytics, cloud applications and services, network service virtualization, and optical networks.
- Yan M, Chan C, Li W, Lei L, Shuai Q, Gygax A, Chih-Lin I. Assessing the energy consumption of 5G wireless edge caching. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops (ICC Workshops). IEEE. 2019. DOI: 10.1109/ICCW.2019.8756642
- Yan M, Chan C, Li W, Lei L, Gygax A, I C-L. Assessing the Energy Consumption of Proactive Mobile Edge Caching in Wireless Networks. IEEE Access. 2019, Vol. 7. DOI: 10.1109/access.2019.2931449
- Chan C, Yan M, Gygax A, Li W, Li L, Chih-Lin I, Yan J, Leckie C. Big Data Driven Predictive Caching at the Wireless Edge. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops (ICC Workshops). IEEE. 2019. DOI: 10.1109/ICCW.2019.8756663
- Thananjeyan S, Chan C, Wong E, Nirmalathas A. Deployment and Resource Distribution of Mobile Edge Hosts Based on Correlated User Mobility. IEEE ACCESS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2019, Vol. 7. DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2885119
- Yan M, Chan C, Gygax A, Yan J, Campbell L, Nirmalathas A, Leckie C. Modeling the Total Energy Consumption of Mobile Network Services and Applications. ENERGIES. MDPIAG. 2019, Vol. 12, Issue 1. DOI: 10.3390/en12010184
- Gygax A, Yan M, Li W, Chan C, Bian S, Chih-Lin I. PECS: Towards personalized edge caching for future service-centric networks. China Communications. Zhongguo Tongxin Xuehui. 2019, Vol. 16, Issue 8. DOI: 10.23919/JCC.2019.08.009
- Chan C, Gygax A, Leckie C, Wong E, Nirmalathas A. Managing the Use-phase and Embodied Energy Consumption to Achieve Sustainable Network Growth. 2016 ASIA COMMUNICATIONS AND PHOTONICS CONFERENCE (ACP). IEEE. 2016, Vol. Part F34-ACPC 2016. DOI: 10.1364/ACPC.2016.AS3D.1
- Yan M, Chan C, Li W, I C-L, Bian S, Gygax A, Leckie C, Hinton K, Wong E, Nirmalathas A. Network Energy Consumption Assessment of Conventional Mobile Services and Over-the-Top Instant Messaging Applications. IEEE JOURNAL ON SELECTED AREAS IN COMMUNICATIONS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2016, Vol. 34, Issue 12. DOI: 10.1109/JSAC.2016.2611978
- Chan C, Gygax A, Leckie C, Wong E, Nirmalathas A, Hinton K. Telecommunications energy and greenhouse gas emissions management for future network growth. APPLIED ENERGY. Elsevier. 2016, Vol. 166. DOI: 10.1016/j.apenergy.2016.01.007
- Chan C, Li W, Bian S, Chih-Lin I, Gygax A, Leckie C, Yan M, Hinton K. Assessing Network Energy Consumption of Mobile Applications. IEEE COMMUNICATIONS MAGAZINE. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2015, Vol. 53, Issue 11.
- Lee K, Li J, Chan C, Anthapadmanabhan NP, Chow HK. Energy-efficient technologies for point-to-point fiber access. OPTICAL FIBER TECHNOLOGY. Academic Press. 2015, Vol. 26. DOI: 10.1016/j.yofte.2015.08.003
- Li J, Lee K, Chan C, Anthapadmanabhan NP, Dinh N, Vetter P. Dynamic Power Management at the Access Node and Customer Premises in Point-to-Point and Time-Division Optical Access. IEEE JOURNAL ON SELECTED AREAS IN COMMUNICATIONS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2014, Vol. 32, Issue 8. DOI: 10.1109/JSAC.2014.2335333
- Li J, Anthapadmanabhan NP, Chan C, Lee K, Dinh N, Vetter P. Sleep Mode Mechanism with Improved Upstream Performance for Passive Optical Networks. 2014 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMMUNICATIONS (ICC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2014. Editors: Jamalipour A, Deng DJ. DOI: 10.1109/ICC.2014.6883925
- Li J, Lee K, Dinh N, Chan C, Vetter P. A comparison of sleep mode mechanisms for PtP and TDM-PONs. 2013 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC). 2013. DOI: 10.1109/ICCW.2013.6649293
- Chan C, Wong E, Gygax A, Leckie C, Nirmalathas A, Hinton K. Energy audit models for telecommunications networks and services. Asia Communications and Photonics Conference, ACP. 2013.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile