Mr Ken Clarke
- Digital Health
- The Networked Society
- Virtual and augmented reality
Ken has several decades of experience in a diverse range of industries including digital health, education, and telecommunications. His roles have involved research strategy, R&D, product commercialisation, and professional consultation services. From 1990-2005 he worked for Telstra in their Research Laboratories in a wide variety of network technology roles. He has authored over 50 journal articles, book chapters and conference papers, including several invited ones. He is the originator of several patents, and was a co-founder of a spin-off technology company, Monitoring Division Incorporated, in telecom monitoring in 2008.
In early 2010 he joined the University of Melbourne and is currently Deputy Director of the Networked Society Institute ( https://networkedsociety.unimelb.edu.au/ ) where he is responsible for research strategy and is active on many interdisciplinary and cross-faculty project collaborations with external community and commercial partners. These projects target large positive societal impacts in the areas of digital health, e-Learning, and social inclusion.
- Tamplin J, Loveridge B, Clarke K, Li Y, J Berlowitz D. Development and feasibility testing of an online virtual reality platform for delivering therapeutic group singing interventions for people living with spinal cord injury.. J Telemed Telecare. Royal Society of Medicine Press. 2019. DOI: 10.1177/1357633X19828463
- Canaway R, Boyle D, Manski-Nankervis J, Bell J, Hocking J, Clarke K, Clark M, Gunn JM, Emery J. Gathering data for decisions: best practice use of primary care electronic records for research. MEDICAL JOURNAL OF AUSTRALIA. Australasian Medical Publishing Co Ltd. 2019, Vol. 210. DOI: 10.5694/mja2.50026
- Zaror C, Espinoza-Espinoza G, Atala-Acevedo C, Munoz-Millan P, Li Y, Clarke K, Onetto J, Diaz J, Hallet K, Manton D, Marino R. Validation and usability of a mobile phone application for epidemiological surveillance of traumatic dental injuries. DENTAL TRAUMATOLOGY. Blackwell Munksgaard. 2019, Vol. 35, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1111/edt.12444
- Jurado Lasso F, Clarke K, Nirmalathas A. A Software-Defined Networking framework for IoT based on 6LoWPAN. 2018 WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYMPOSIUM (WTS). IEEE. 2018, Vol. 2018-April. DOI: 10.1109/WTS.2018.8363938
- Clarke K, Lodders A, Garnett R, Holland A, Marino R, Joukhader Z. E-health as an Enabler of Social Inclusion. Social Inclusion and Usability of ICT-enabled Services. Routledge. 2018. Editors: Choudrie J, Tsatsou P, Kurnia S.
- Cox NS, McDonald C, Alison JA, Mahal A, Wootton R, Hill CJ, Bondarenko J, MacDonald H, O'Halloran P, Zanaboni P, Clarke K, Rennick D, Borgelt K, Burge AT, Lahham A, Wageck B, Crute H, Czupryn P, Nichols A, Holland AE. Telerehabilitation versus traditional centre-based pulmonary rehabilitation for people with chronic respiratory disease: protocol for a randomised controlled trial. BMC PULMONARY MEDICINE. Biomed Central. 2018, Vol. 18, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1186/s12890-018-0646-0
- Marino R, Li Y, Clarke K, Zaror C, Onetto JE, Atala-Acevedo C. Dental Trauma Tracker: A Mobile Phone Application for the Epidemiologic Surveillance of Dental and Maxillofacial Trauma. Journal of the International Society for Telemedicine and eHealth. 2017, Vol. 5.
- Clarke K, Marino R, Lodders A, Stranieri A. History of Telemedicine in Australia. A Century of Telemedicine: Curatio Sine Distantia et Tempora A World Wide Overview – Part I. 2017. Editors: Vladzymyrskyy A, Jordanova M, Lievens F.
- Marino R, Tonmukayakul U, Manton D, Stranieri A, Clarke K. Cost-analysis of teledentistry in residential aged care facilities. JOURNAL OF TELEMEDICINE AND TELECARE. Royal Society of Medicine Press. 2016, Vol. 22, Issue 6. DOI: 10.1177/1357633X15608991
- Ormond-Parker L, Langton M, Huebner S, Coleman J, Pearson C, Sloggett R, Nordlinger R, Smith K, Clarke K. When Magnets Collide: Digital Preservation and Access of At-Risk Audiovisual Archives in a Remote Aboriginal Community. . 2016.
- Marino R, Clarke K, Manton D, Stranieri A, Collmann R, Kellet H, Borda A. Teleconsultation and Telediagnosis for Oral Health Assessment: An Australian Perspective. TELEDENTISTRY. Springer Verlag. 2015. Editors: Kumar S. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-08973-7_10
- Marino R, McCullough M, Marwaha P, Stranieri A, Collmann R, Clarke K, Hopcraft M, Ozanne E, Manton D, Blackberry I. Field testing of remote teledentistry technology. eTELEMED 2014, The Sixth International Conference on eHealth, Telemedicine, and Social Medicine. 2014. Editors: Iaria.
- Gray K, Clarke K, Kwong ML, Alzougool BM, Hines C, Tidhar G, Frukhtman F. Internet Protocol Television for Personalized Home-Based Health Information: Design-Based Research on a Diabetes Education System. JMIR Research Protocols. University of Toronto. 2014, Vol. 3, Issue 1. DOI: 10.2196/resprot.3201
- Gray K, Clarke K, Kwong ML, Alzougool BM, Hines C, Tidhar G, Frukhtman F. Metadata correction: internet protocol television for personalized home-based health information: design-based research on a diabetes education system.. JMIR Res Protoc. University of Toronto. 2014, Vol. 3, Issue 1. DOI: 10.2196/resprot.3404
- Clarke K, Marino R, Manton D, Hopcraft M, McCullough M, Borda A, Hallett K. Paediatric teledentistry: delivering oral health services to rural and regional children. . University of Melbourne. 2014. Editors: Lodders A.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile