Professor Dragan Nesic
- Control systems engineering (Nonlinear control, Networked control systems, Quantized control, Extremum seeking control, Sampled-data systems, Hybrid Systems)
Dragan Nesic is a Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Prof Nesic is currently an ARC Future Fellow funded by the Australian Research Council (2010-2013). He has been a recipient of an ARC Australian Professorial Fellowship (APF) awarded by the Australian Research Council (2004-2008).
He has held an Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship awarded by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (Germany) in order to pursue research in Germany for a period of six months. He is an Associate Editor for the journals IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control , Automatica , European Journal of Control and Systems and Control Letters . Prof Nesic has served on International Program Committees of many international conferences, such as the American Control Conference, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, NOLCOS, Asian Control Conference, European Control Conference, and so on. Prof Nesic is a Fellow of IEEE and a Fellow of IEAust . Prof Nesic has been named a Distinguished Lecturer of the Control Systems Society of the IEEE and is currently serving as a Chair of Technical Committee for Nonlinear systems and control, Control Systems Society, IEEE.
Networked control systems; extremum seeking control; reset systems; quantized control; control of spatially distributed systems; time delay systems; automative control
- Wang K, Ruppert MG, Manzie C, Nesic D, Yong YK. Adaptive Scan for Atomic Force Microscopy Based on Online Optimization: Theory and Experiment. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology. IEEE Control Systems Society. 2019. DOI: 10.1109/TCST.2019.2895798
- Ju Z, Shames I, Nesic D. Communication Connectivity in Multi-agent Systems with Multiple Uncooperative Agents. 2019 12th Asian Control Conference, ASCC 2019. 2019.
- Martin S, Morarescu I-C, Nesic D. Consensus and influence power approximation in time-varying and directed networks subject to perturbations. International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control. John Wiley & Sons. 2019, Vol. 29, Issue 11. DOI: 10.1002/rnc.4564
- Maass Martinez A, Nesic D, Postoyan R, Dower P. Lp stability of networked control systems implemented on WirelessHART. Automatica. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 109. DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2019.108514
- Zhao G, Nesic D, Tan Y, Hua C. Overcoming overshoot performance limitations of linear systems with reset control. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 101. DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2018.11.038
- Maass AI, Nesic D. Stabilization of Non-Linear Networked Control Systems Closed Over a Lossy WirelessHART Network. IEEE Control Systems Letters. 2019, Vol. 3, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1109/LCSYS.2019.2920435
- Heijmans SHJ, Nesic D, Postoyan R, Heemels WPMH. A Generalized Hybrid Lyapunov Proof for Networked Control Systems: Improving the Maximum Allowable Transmission Interval. 2018 IEEE CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/CDC.2018.8619687
- Ira AS, Shames I, Manzie C, Chin R, Nesic D, Nakada H, Sano T. A machine learning approach for tuning model predictive controllers. 15th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV). IEEE. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/ICARCV.2018.8581227
- Yang T, Murguia Rendon C, Kuijper M, Nesic D. A Multi-Observer Approach for Attack Detection and Isolation of Discrete-Time Nonlinear Systems. 2018 AUSTRALIAN & NEW ZEALAND CONTROL CONFERENCE (ANZCC). IEEE. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/ANZCC.2018.8606587
- Yang T, Murguia Rendon C, Kuijper M, Nesic D. A Robust Circle-criterion Observer-based Estimator for Discrete-time Nonlinear Systems in the Presence of Sensor Attacks. 2018 IEEE CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/CDC.2018.8619724
- Ahmadizadeh S, Karoly P, Nesic D, Grayden D, Cook M, Soudry D, Freestone D. Bifurcation analysis of two coupled Jansen-Rit neural mass models. PLOS ONE. Public Library of Science. 2018, Vol. 13, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0192842
- Deghat M, Ahmadizadeh S, Nesic D, Manzie C. Closeness of Solutions for Singularly Perturbed Systems via Averaging. 2018 IEEE CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/CDC.2018.8619270
- Abdelrahim M, Postoyan R, Daafouz J, Nesic D, Heemels M. Co-design of output feedback laws and event-triggering conditions for the L-2-stabilization of linear systems. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 87. DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2017.10.008
- Grubmueller S, Stettinger G, Nesic D, Watzenig D. Concepts for improved availability and computational power in automated driving. ELEKTROTECHNIK UND INFORMATIONSTECHNIK. Springer-Verlag Wein. 2018, Vol. 135, Issue 4-5. DOI: 10.1007/s00502-018-0625-4
- Cuevas L, Nesic D, Manzie C. Convergence of full-order observers for the slow states of a singularly perturbed system (Part I: Theory). 2018 AUSTRALIAN & NEW ZEALAND CONTROL CONFERENCE (ANZCC). IEEE Press. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/ANZCC.2018.8606595
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile