Professor Dragan Nesic
- Control systems engineering (Nonlinear control, Networked control systems, Quantized control, Extremum seeking control, Sampled-data systems, Hybrid Systems)
Dragan Nesic is a Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Prof Nesic is currently an ARC Future Fellow funded by the Australian Research Council (2010-2013). He has been a recipient of an ARC Australian Professorial Fellowship (APF) awarded by the Australian Research Council (2004-2008).
He has held an Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship awarded by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (Germany) in order to pursue research in Germany for a period of six months. He is an Associate Editor for the journals IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control , Automatica , European Journal of Control and Systems and Control Letters . Prof Nesic has served on International Program Committees of many international conferences, such as the American Control Conference, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, NOLCOS, Asian Control Conference, European Control Conference, and so on. Prof Nesic is a Fellow of IEEE and a Fellow of IEAust . Prof Nesic has been named a Distinguished Lecturer of the Control Systems Society of the IEEE and is currently serving as a Chair of Technical Committee for Nonlinear systems and control, Control Systems Society, IEEE.
Networked control systems; extremum seeking control; reset systems; quantized control; control of spatially distributed systems; time delay systems; automative control
- Ahmadizadeh S, Karoly P, Nesic D, Grayden D, Cook M, Soudry D, Freestone D. Bifurcation analysis of two coupled Jansen-Rit neural mass models. PLOS ONE. Public Library of Science. 2018, Vol. 13, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0192842
- Abdelrahim M, Postoyan RK, Daafouz J, Nesic D, Heemels M. Co-design of output feedback laws and event-triggering conditions for the L-2-stabilization of linear systems. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 87. DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2017.10.008
- Grubmueller S, Stettinger G, Nesic D, Watzenig D. Concepts for improved availability and computational power in automated driving. ELEKTROTECHNIK UND INFORMATIONSTECHNIK. Springer-Verlag Wein. 2018, Vol. 135, Issue 4-5. DOI: 10.1007/s00502-018-0625-4
- Davo MA, Prieur C, Fiacchini M, Nesic D. Enlarging the basin of attraction by a uniting output feedback controller. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 90. DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2017.12.044
- Zou C, Manzie C, Nesic D. Model Predictive Control for Lithium-Ion Battery Optimal Charging. IEEE-ASME TRANSACTIONS ON MECHATRONICS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2018, Vol. 23, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1109/TMECH.2018.2798930
- Varma VS, Morarescu IC, Nesic D. Open Multi-Agent Systems with Discrete States and Stochastic Interactions. IEEE Control Systems Letters. 2018, Vol. 2, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1109/LCSYS.2018.2840431
- Taringoo F, Dower P, Nesic D, Tan Y. OPTIMIZATION METHODS ON RIEMANNIAN MANIFOLDS VIA EXTREMUM SEEKING ALGORITHMS. SIAM JOURNAL ON CONTROL AND OPTIMIZATION. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics. 2018, Vol. 56, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1137/15M1018022
- Borgers DP, Postoyan R, Anta A, Tabuada P, Nesic D, Heemels WPMH. Periodic event-triggered control of nonlinear systems using overapproximation techniques. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 94. DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2018.04.019
- Deghat M, Sun Z, Nesic D, Manzie C. Singularly Perturbed Algorithms for Velocity Consensus and Shape Control of Single Integrator Multi-Agent Systems. IFAC-PapersOnLine. 2018, Vol. 51, Issue 23. DOI: 10.1016/j.ifacol.2018.12.035
- Heijmans SHJ, Nesic D, Postoyan R, Heemels WPMH. Singularly Perturbed Networked Control Systems. IFAC-PapersOnLine. 2018, Vol. 51, Issue 23. DOI: 10.1016/j.ifacol.2018.12.019
- Heijmans S, Postoyan R, Nesic D, Noroozi N, Heemels M. Stability analysis of networked linear control systems with direct-feedthrough terms. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 96. DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2018.06.047
- Middleton R, Nesic D. Welcome from the 2017 CDC General Chair. 2017 IEEE 56th Annual Conference on Decision and Control, CDC 2017. 2018, Vol. 2018-January.
- Sharma R, Zare F, Nesic D, Ghosh A. A Hidden Block in a Grid Connected Active Front End System: Modelling, Control and Stability Analysis. IEEE ACCESS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 5. DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2017.2719055
- Heijmans SHJ, Postoyan R, Nesic D, Heemels WPMH. Computing minimal and maximal allowable transmission intervals for networked control systems using the hybrid systems approach. IEEE Control Systems Letters. 2017, Vol. 1, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1109/LCSYS.2017.2702755
- Martin S, Morarescu I-C, Nesic D. Consensus value estimates in time-varying and directed networks. 2017 IEEE 56TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2017.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile