Dr Farhad Farokhi
Currently, I am a research fellow at the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Australia. Prior to that, I was a postdoctoral researcher at the Automatic Control Department, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden. In 2014, I received my PhD degree in Automatic Control from KTH Royal Institute of Technology and before that I received my BSc and MSc degrees in Electrical Engineering (Automatic Control), respectively, in 2008 and 2010 from Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran. My current research interests include understanding the effects of information limitations and asymmetries in control and estimation of large-scale networked systems, such as water irrigation networks and intelligent transportation systems.
- Farokhi F. Development and Analysis of Deterministic Privacy-Preserving Policies Using Non-Stochastic Information Theory. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION FORENSICS AND SECURITY. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2019, Vol. 14, Issue 10. DOI: 10.1109/TIFS.2019.2903660
- Farokhi F, Sandberg H. Ensuring privacy with constrained additive noise by minimizing Fisher information. 56th IEEE Annual Conference on Decision and Control (CDC). Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 99. DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2018.10.012
- Farokhi F. Feedback control using a strategic sensor. International Journal of Control. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2019. DOI: 10.1080/00207179.2019.1575983
- Farokhi F, Egerstedt M. Optimal stochastic evasive maneuvers using the Schrödinger's equation. IEEE Control Systems Letters. 2019, Vol. 3, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1109/LCSYS.2019.2912658
- Farokhi F, Esfahani PM. Security Versus Privacy. Conference on Decision and Control (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2019, Vol. 2018-December. DOI: 10.1109/CDC.2018.8619460
- Farokhi F, Wu N, Smith D, Kaafar MA. The Value of Collaboration in Convex Machine Learning with Differential Privacy. 41st IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy. 2019.
- Farokhi F, Shames I. Bilateral Trade under Information Asymmetry and Quantized Measurements. 2018 IEEE CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018.
- Farokhi F, Shames I. Compressive Sensing in Fault Detection. Proceedings of the American Control Conference. American Automatic Control Council. 2018, Vol. 2018-June. DOI: 10.23919/ACC.2018.8431017
- Saberi A, Farokhi F, Nair G. Estimation and Control over a Nonstochastic Binary Erasure Channel. IFAC-PapersOnLine. 2018, Vol. 51, Issue 23. DOI: 10.1016/j.ifacol.2018.12.046
- Farokhi F, Sandberg H. Fisher Information as a Measure of Privacy: Preserving Privacy of Households With Smart Meters Using Batteries. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON SMART GRID. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018, Vol. 9, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1109/TSG.2017.2667702
- Keimer A, Laurent-Brouty N, Farokhi F, Signargout H, Cvetkovic V, Bayen AM, Johansson KH. Information Patterns in the Modeling and Design of Mobility Management Services. PROCEEDINGS OF THE IEEE. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2018, Vol. 106, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1109/JPROC.2018.2800001
- Murguia Rendon C, Shames I, Farokhi F, Nesic D. On Privacy of Quantized Sensor Measurements through Additive Noise. 2018 IEEE CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018.
- Farokhi F, Shames I, Cantoni M. Optimal contract design for effort-averse sensors. International Journal of Control. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2018. DOI: 10.1080/00207179.2018.1486041
- Farokhi F, Sandberg H. Optimal privacy-preserving policy using constrained additive noise to minimize the fisher information. 2017 IEEE 56th Annual Conference on Decision and Control, CDC 2017. 2018, Vol. 2018-January. DOI: 10.1109/CDC.2017.8264050
- Farokhi F, Zamani M, Sadeghikhorrami L, Safavi AA. Private State Estimation for Cyber-physical Systems Using Semi-homomorphic Encryption. 23rd International Symposium on Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems. 2018.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile