Dr Iman Shames
Iman Shames is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Melbourne. Previously, he had been a McKenzie Research Fellow at the department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, the University of Melbourne from 2013 to 2014. He was an ACCESS Postdoctoral Researcher at the ACCESS Linnaeus Centre, the KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden from 2011 to 2012. He received his Ph.D. degree in engineering and computer science from the Australian National University, Canberra, Australia in 2011 and his B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from Shiraz University, Iran in 2006. He has been a visiting researcher at ETH in 2012, Chalmers Technical University in 2011, the Delft Technical University in 2011, TU Munchen in 2011, the KTH Royal Institute of Technology in 2010, the University of Tokyo in 2008, and at the University of Newcastle in 2010 and 2005. His current research interests include optimisation, complex systems, sensor networks, and security in networked systems.
- Shames I, Selvaratnam D, Manton J. Online Optimization Using Zeroth Order Oracles. IEEE Control Systems Letters. 2020, Vol. 4, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1109/LCSYS.2019.2921593
- Yuan M, Manzie C, Good M, Shames I, Keynejad F, Robinette T. Bounded error tracking control for contouring systems with end effector measurements. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT). IEEE. 2019, Vol. 2019-February. DOI: 10.1109/ICIT.2019.8755064
- Ju Z, Shames I, Nesic D. Communication Connectivity in Multi-agent Systems with Multiple Uncooperative Agents. 2019 12th Asian Control Conference (ASCC). IEEE. 2019.
- Deghat M, Ugrinovskii V, Shames I, Langbort C. Detection and mitigation of biasing attacks on distributed estimation networks. 55th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC). Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 99. DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2018.10.052
- Pavlov A, Shames I, Manzie C. Early termination of NMPC interior point solvers: Relating the duality gap to stability. 2019 18th European Control Conference (ECC). IEEE. 2019. DOI: 10.23919/ECC.2019.8795629
- Pavlov A, Shames I, Manzie C. Minimax strategy in approximate model predictive control. Automatica. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2019. DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2019.108649
- Lesage-Landry A, Wang H, Shames I, Mancarella P, Taylor JA. Online Convex Optimization of Multi-Energy Building-to-Grid Ancillary Services. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology. IEEE Control Systems Society. 2019. DOI: 10.1109/TCST.2019.2944328
- Michael E, Wood T, Manzie C, Shames I. Uncertainty intervals for robust bottleneck assignment. 2019 18th European Control Conference (ECC). IEEE. 2019. DOI: 10.23919/ECC.2019.8795961
- Ira AS, Shames I, Manzie C, Chin R, Nesic D, Nakada H, Sano T. A machine learning approach for tuning model predictive controllers. 15th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV). IEEE. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/ICARCV.2018.8581227
- Schoof E, Manzie C, Shames I, Chapman A, Oetomo D. An Experimental Platform for Heterogeneous Multi-Vehicle Missions. 2018 International Conference on Science and Innovation for Land Power (ICSILP). 2018.
- Fabbro M, Shames I, Cantoni M. Analysis of Model and Iteration Dependencies in Distributed Feasible-Point Algorithms for Optimal Control Computation. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CONTROL OF NETWORK SYSTEMS. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018, Vol. 5, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1109/TCNS.2016.2590138
- Farokhi F, Shames I. Bilateral Trade under Information Asymmetry and Quantized Measurements. 2018 IEEE CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018.
- Farokhi F, Shames I. Compressive Sensing in Fault Detection. Proceedings of the American Control Conference. American Automatic Control Council. 2018, Vol. 2018-June. DOI: 10.23919/ACC.2018.8431017
- Chin R, Manzie C, Ira A, Nesic D, Shames I. Gaussian Processes with Monotonicity Constraints for Preference Learning from Pairwise Comparisons. 2018 IEEE CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/CDC.2018.8618894
- Selvaratnam D, Shames I, Manton J, Zamani M. Numerical Optimisation of Time-Varying Strongly Convex Functions Subject to Time-Varying Constraints. 2018 IEEE CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile