Associate Professor Peter Dower
Peter Dower is an academic with the Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering at the University of Melbourne (Australia). Peter received a Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering (with Honours and University Medal) from the University of Newcastle (Australia), and a PhD in Engineering from the Australian National University (Canberra). He completed a post-doctoral research fellowship in the Department of Mathematics at the University of California at San Diego, and returned to Australia as a Lecturer at La Trobe University (located in Melbourne). Peter joined the University of Melbourne in 2003. His expertise is in the area of stability analysis and optimal control for nonlinear systems.
- Dower P, Grune L, Egorov I. A characteristics based curse-of-dimensionality-free approach for approximating control Lyapunov functions and feedback stabilization. 23rd International Symposium on Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems. 2018.
- Dower P, McEneaney WM. An action principle for constructing fundamental solution groups for wave equations. 23rd International Symposium on Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems. 2018.
- Dower P. An adaptive max-plus eigenvector method for continuous time optimal control problems. Springer INdAM Series. 2018, Vol. 29. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-01959-4_10
- Dower P. Basis adaptation for a max-plus eigenvector method arising in optimal control. 23rd International Symposium on Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems. 2018.
- Yegorov I, Dower P, Gruene L. Global extension of local control Lyapunov functions via exit-time optimal control. 2018 IEEE CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018.
- Dower P, Gruene L. Hamiltonian based a posteriori error estimation for Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman equation. 23rd International Symposium on Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems. 2018.
- Maass Martinez A, Nesic D, Postoyan R, Dower P. Observer design for networked control systems implemented over WirelessHART. 2018 IEEE CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018.
- Taringoo F, Dower P, Nesic D, Tan Y. OPTIMIZATION METHODS ON RIEMANNIAN MANIFOLDS VIA EXTREMUM SEEKING ALGORITHMS. SIAM JOURNAL ON CONTROL AND OPTIMIZATION. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics. 2018, Vol. 56, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1137/15M1018022
- Yegorov I, Dower P. Perspectives on Characteristics Based Curse-of-Dimensionality-Free Numerical Approaches for Solving Hamilton–Jacobi Equations. Applied Mathematics and Optimization. 2018. DOI: 10.1007/s00245-018-9509-6
- McEneaney W, Dower P. Static duality and a stationary-action application. JOURNAL OF DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS. Academic Press. 2018, Vol. 264, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1016/j.jde.2017.08.054
- Dower P, Zhang H. A max-plus primal space fundamental solution for a class of differential Riccati equations. 21st International Symposium on Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems (MTNS). Springer-Verlag UK. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1007/s00498-017-0200-2
- Maass Martinez A, Nesic D, Postoyan R, Dower P, Varma VS. Emulation-based stabilisation of networked control systems over WirelessHART. 2017 IEEE 56TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2017.
- Dower P, McEneaney WM. Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman equations for two-point boundary value problems constrained by conservative dynamics. 11th Asian Control Conference (ASCC). IEEE. 2017. DOI: 10.1109/ASCC.2017.8287344
- Tran DN, Kellett CM, Dower P. Qualitative equivalences of ISS and l(p)-gain stability properties for discrete-time nonlinear systems. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 77. DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2016.11.033
- Shi G, Li B, Miao Z, Dower P, James MR. Reaching Agreement in Quantum Hybrid Networks. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. Nature Publishing Group. 2017, Vol. 7, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-017-05158-7
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile