- Process Control and Automation Manager at the Carlton & United Breweries plant at Yatala, Queensland
- Chair, National Committee on Automation Control and Instrumentation (NCACI) - Engineers Australia (2013-2014)
- Industrial informatics
- Green manufacturing
- Production research
- Real-time information systems
- Industrial control systems
- Lees M, Crawford M, Jansen C. Towards Industrial Cybersecurity Resilience of Multinational Corporations. IFAC-PapersOnLine. 2018, Vol. 51, Issue 30. DOI: 10.1016/j.ifacol.2018.11.201
- Lees M, Ellen RA. Infrastructure requirements to support a user-pays energy management environment in a manufacturing plant. 11th Asian Control Conference (ASCC). IEEE. 2017. DOI: 10.1109/ASCC.2017.8287517
- Lees M. A Maturity Model for Control and Automation in Environmental Impact. 2016 AUSTRALIAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (AUCC). IEEE. 2016. DOI: 10.1109/AUCC.2016.7868206
- Lees M, Ellen R, Brodie P, Steffens M, Newell B, Wilkey D. An online Utilities Consumption Model for real-time load identification. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PRODUCTION RESEARCH. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2015, Vol. 53, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1080/00207543.2014.919415
- Lees M, Wang L. PID Controller Design for Industrial Beer Filtration. 2015 5TH AUSTRALIAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (AUCC). IEEE. 2015.
- Lees M. The Global Enterprise and Process Control. 2015 5TH AUSTRALIAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (AUCC). IEEE. 2015.
- Lees M. The global enterprise and process control. 2015 Australian Control Conference, AUCC 2015. 2015.
- Lees M, Ellen R, Brodie P. Challenges with performance management of automatic control loops in a large-scale batch processing environment. 2014 4TH AUSTRALIAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (AUCC). IEEE. 2014.
- Lees M, Ellen R, Brodie P. The control of beer production: Insights into the controller topology of a large Australian brewery. Australian Control Conference. Engineers Australia. 2013.
- Ellen R, Campbell D, Lees M. Development of Distributed Fuzzy Systems with a Runtime-Adaptable Mobile Components Framework. 2012 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE). IEE Institute of Electronic Engineers. 2012.
- Lees M, Evans R, Mareels I. Information Infrastructures for On-line Measurement of Non-Productive Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Manufacturing: Case of the Brewing Industry. International Journal of Production Research. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2012, Vol. 50, Issue 22. DOI: 10.1080/00207543.2012.655864
- Lees M, Ellen R, Steffens M, Brodie P, Mareels I, Evans R. Information Infrastructures for Utilities Management in the Brewing Industry. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. SpringerLink. 2012.
- Lees M, Evans R, Mareels I. Autonomous Performance Monitoring of an On-Line Real-Time Decision Support System. 18th IFAC World Congress. IFAC - International Federation of Automatic Control. 2011.
- Lees M, Ellen R, Brodie P, Steffens M. A Real-time utilities management system for optimising cleaning operations in a brewery. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology. 2009. DOI: 10.1109/ICIT.2009.4939519
- Lees M, Ellen R, Brodie P, Steffens M, Newell B, Wilkey D. A utilities consumption model for real-time load identification in a brewery. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology. 2009. DOI: 10.1109/ICIT.2009.4939642
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile