Associate Professor Ying Tan
- Intelligent control systems and applications
- Nonlinear control systems and applications
Dr Ying Tan is an Associate Professor and Reader in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Dr Ying Tan received her Bachelor’s degree from Tianjin University, China, in 1995, and her PhD from the National University of Singapore in 2002. She joined McMaster University in 2002 as a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Chemical Engineering. She joined the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department at the University of Melbourne in 2004.
Dr Ying Tan’s main areas of research are nonlinear systems, on-line optimization and intelligent control systems. She has published 110 papers in journals and conferences and has attracted more than 2 million Australian dollars in research funding. She currently is Associate Editor for Systems and Control Letters, Asian Journal of Control. She is the steering committee member for Asian Control Association and Co-Chairs for Asian Control Conference 2017.
She was awarded an Australian Postdoctoral Fellow (2006-2008) and a Future Fellow (2009-2013) by the Australian Research Council. She was the one of finalists for Best Student Paper Award, American Control Conference.
- Sebastian G, Tan Y, Oetomo D. Convergence analysis of feedback-based iterative learning control with input saturation. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 101. DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2018.11.045
- Sebastian G, Li Z, Crocher V, Kremers D, Tan Y, Oetomo D. Interaction Force Estimation Using Extended State Observers: An Application to Impedance-Based Assistive and Rehabilitation Robotics. IEEE ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION LETTERS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2019, Vol. 4, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1109/LRA.2019.2894908
- Zhao G, Nesic D, Tan Y, Hua C. Overcoming overshoot performance limitations of linear systems with reset control. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 101. DOI: 10.1016/j.automatica.2018.11.038
- Kremers D, Fong J, Crocher V, Tan Y, Oetomo D. Sensorless force estimator in rehabilitation robotics. Biosystems and Biorobotics. 2019, Vol. 21. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-01845-0_36
- Eden J, Song C, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Lau D. CASPR-ROS: A Generalised Cable Robot Software in ROS for Hardware. 3rd International Conference on Cable-Driven Parallel Robots (CableCon). Hindawi Publishing Corp. 2018, Vol. 53. Editors: Gosselin C, Cardou P, Bruckmann T, Pott A. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-61431-1_5
- Li X, Tan Y, Mareels I, Chen X. Compatible Formation Set for UAVs with Visual Sensing Constraint. Proceedings of the American Control Conference. American Automatic Control Council. 2018, Vol. 2018-June. DOI: 10.23919/ACC.2018.8431269
- Chen Q, Tan Y, Li J, Mareels I. Decentralized PID Control Design for Magnetic Levitation Systems Using Extremum Seeking. IEEE ACCESS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2018, Vol. 6. DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2017.2787052
- Leong F, Mohammadi A, Tan Y, Thiruchelvam D, Lai CY, Valdastri P, Oetomo D. Disturbance Rejection in Multi-DOF Local Magnetic Actuation for the Robotic Abdominal Surgery. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters. 2018, Vol. 3, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1109/LRA.2018.2800795
- Fong J, Tan Y, Crocher V, Oetomo D, Mareels I. Dual-loop iterative optimal control for the finite horizon LQR problem with unknown dynamics. SYSTEMS & CONTROL LETTERS. Elsevier BV. 2018, Vol. 111. DOI: 10.1016/j.sysconle.2017.11.002
- Tan Y, Ren Q. Editorial: Special Issue in Memory of the Late Professor Jian-Xin Xu. UNMANNED SYSTEMS. 2018, Vol. 6, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1142/S2301385018020016
- Fong J, Crocher V, Haddara R, Ackland D, Galea M, Tan Y, Oetomo D. Effect of Arm Deweighting Using End-Effector Based Robotic Devices on Muscle Activity. Proceedings of the Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, EMBS. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018, Vol. 2018-July. DOI: 10.1109/EMBC.2018.8512773
- Chen Q, Jia Z, Li J, Tan Y, Oetomo D. Extended State Observer for Nonlinear Time-Varying Dynamic Systems. Chinese Control Conference, CCC. 2018, Vol. 2018-July. DOI: 10.23919/ChiCC.2018.8483069
- Lu L, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Mareels I, An S. Feature Learning in Assistive Rehabilitation Robotic Systems. Proceedings of the Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, EMBS. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018, Vol. 2018-July. DOI: 10.1109/EMBC.2018.8512826
- Sebastian G, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Mareels I. Feedback-Based Iterative Learning Design and Synthesis with Output Constraints for Robotic Manipulators. IEEE Control Systems Letters. 2018, Vol. 2, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1109/LCSYS.2018.2842186
- Sebastian G, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Mareels I. Input and Output Constraints in Iterative Learning Control Design for Robotic Manipulators. UNMANNED SYSTEMS. 2018, Vol. 6, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1142/S2301385018400095
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile