Want to have the skills to ensure our electricity grid is ready for the transition to a future full of renewables and low-carbon technologies? Learn more about our Master in Electrical Engineering: Low-Carbon Power Systems!
On completion of this course, you will:
- Be able to apply physical principles and modelling techniques to analyse power and energy components, systems, networks, and markets, including renewable and low-carbon technologies
- Have skills to simulate electrical power systems using advanced software tools
- Learn fundamental knowledge of mathematical and engineering techniques and basic optimisation tools for electrical power system and energy market applications
- Understand issues influenced by electrical power system engineering, such as the energy trilemma of affordability, reliability and sustainability
- Introduction to Power Engineering
- Power System Analysis
- Low-carbon Grids: Operation & Economics
- Power Electronics
- Grid Integration of Renewables
Our Projects with Industry
Examples of the industrial projects carried out by our research group.
Smart Grid Lab
The Smart Grid Lab provides facilities for real-time testing and demonstration of solutions developed by the group.
Free online courses
Interested in learning more about power systems, renewables, and smart grids? Here are some of our online courses. Totally free with videos and material for you to explore.