Directed Studies Summer 2024
The Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) is running a summer research program in January-February 2024 for students potentially interested in doing a PhD.
You can formally enrol in a Directed Studies (ELEN90011) subject and get credit (12.5pt). Moreover, there is a limited number of EEE studentships valued at $4000 per student that you can apply for.
The application process closes on the 15 December 2023 11:59pm. We expect to contact you about the outcome before Christmas.
The applications should be submitted via the online form: https://forms.office.com/r/2bDscakr09
The list of 2024 Directed Studies Projects and Supervisors can be found here
Your application should contain:
1. Your name, contact details and one paragraph description about your plans for doing a PhD (e.g. research area, description of your motivation, potential topic and the nominal starting date).
2. A ranked list of all Directed Studies research topics that you are interested in (the first is the most preferred and the last is the least preferred). NOTE: you can not select two or more projects supervised by the same academic. You should only consider topics in the provided list (list will be made available from 1 November)
3. We ask that you provide a ranked list of all projects that you are interested in (at most one project supervised by the same supervisor). As this is a competitive process, you may not be able to get your first preference. Students with the highest WAM will be given preference.
4. An email from the relevant academic(s) stating they are happy to supervise you. This should be done for every topic in your list in item 2 above.
Eligibility & selection criteria:
- Only students with WAM above 75 are eligible.
- Only students currently enrolled in a Master Degree at the University of Melbourne are eligible.
- Note that there is a limit of one student per academic and so we ask that you provide a ranked list of all projects that you are interested in. As this is a competitive process, you may not be able to get your first preference. Students with the highest WAM will be given preference.
- A student can only be awarded one EEE studentship during their Master Degree.
- Students in the final semester of their study will be given a preference.
Questions regarding the process should be directed to email@example.com